Tim Almond is the Founder and Exercise Therapist at Box 33 and is a highly qualified Strength & Movement educator.
Tim spent 13 years serving in the military, both Army and Navy, with operational experience as a member of the Royal Australian Navy’s elite Clearance Diving Unit.
After discovering his passion for health and fitness during his military career, Tim opened Box 33 in 2012 and has since helped hundreds of West Australian's achieve health and fitness success.
Tim spends much of his time working with the Box 33 trainers to help elevate their skills to the necessary levels required to achieve the best results in the safest time frames possible.
Tim’s current qualifications include:
- StrongFirst Senior SFG (2017)
- StrongFirst Team Leader (2015)
- StrongFirst SFGII (2014)
- StrongFirst Lifter (SFL) Certified Barbell Instructor (2014)
- StrongFirst Bodyweight Certified Instructor (2015)
- StrongFirst Strong Endurance
- Yoga Pranala- Intuitive Flow
- TACFIT Level 1 Field Instructor
- Z-Health Movement Reeducation Specialist (R-Phase)
- Z-Health Movement Integration Specialist (I-Phase)
- Z-Health Exercise Therapy Specialist (T-Phase)
- Z-Health Movement Performance Specialist (S-Phase)
- Functional Movement Specialist Level 1 and 2
- Club Weightlifting / Sports Power Coach, Level 1
- Club Weightlifting / Sports Power Coach, Level 2
- NCAS Level 1 Powerlifting Coach
- Russian Kettlebell Cerified Instructor (RKC)
- Australian Kettlebells Level 2 Instructor
- Gym Jones Fundamentals
- Ground Force Method Levels 1 and 2 Instructor
- Ground Force Method Kids Instructor
- Chek Exercise Coach
- Chek Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 1
- Chek Advanced Program Design
- Primal Move Velocity
- Primal Move Regeneration.
- Crankit Advanced Suspension Trainer
- Combat Fitness Leader - Navy
- Sub-Unit Physical Training Instructor - Army
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Cert III & IV in Personal Training and Fitness Instruction
- First Aid and CPR
- Working with Children Check
Adding to these skills is an innate ability to patiently communicate and pass on knowledge in a no compromise manner that exemplifies his passion, dedication and professionalism.
Director / CoachKurt believes in a science based approach to training. If you where to ask Kurt what is true health and fitness, he would say "it is about how you feel, how you move and how much you enjoy life. One of the best ways to accomplish this is by participating in Personal Training with an experienced trainer. You only get one body for life, so staying fit and healthy is a journey, you need to be in it for the long game, train consistently in a safe and friendly environment, free from injury, but most importantly enjoy what you do and feel proud of yourself".Kurt has a strong interested in the human body and physiology having owned and operated a successful massage business between 2009-2013. Kurt was well respected in the massage industry and was asked to be a reviewer for the "Textbook of Remedial Massage" which is used by most colleges and institutions throughout Australia.It is because of Kurt's science mindset that drew him to Box 33, where the focus is on integrating strength with movement, with a systematic and safe approach, so the client not only gets stronger but also moves better.He knows what it is like to come back to training after injury or surgery, having received 2 operations on his left thigh just above his knee to remove a benign tumour. So when you train with Kurt, one thing that is very evident is his empathy.Kurt loves seeing his client achieve more than they thought was possible.Current Qualifications:
- Cert III & IV in Fitness
- StrongFirst SFGI
- Gray Institute - Certification in Applied Functional Science
- Gray Institute - 3D MAPS, Movements Analysis and Performance System
Director / Coach
Michael spent over 4 years in the Army with operational experience with the 5th Battalion Royal Australian Regiment. Whilst in the Army, Michael completed Vehicle Driver and Commander Courses as well as a Combat First Aider Course.
Michael left the Army in November 2011, starting work as a Medic and Fire Fighter for mine sites around Northern WA. He completed a Certificate IV in Pre-Hospital Care as well as a Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue.
Michael met Tim whilst serving on operational tour in Afghanistan in 2011. Having trained with Tim during this time, Michael started at Box 33 ambitiously pursuing a 6-month competency based internship under Tim's direction, learning and being coached in the specialised methodology Box 33 provides to its clients.
Michael has accelerated his development as a Box 33 trainer by becoming a Strongfirst Kettlebell Level 2 Certified Instructor. He has also completed the Chek Institute Exercise Coach Course allowing him to assess the health of his clients spine, hips and inner-unit function.
- StrongFirst Girevik Certified Instructor Level 2 (SFG II)
- Z-Health Movement Reeducation Specialist (R, I Phases)
- Chek Exercise Coach
- NCAS Level 1 Powerlifting Coach
- Advanced Suspension Training Coach Crankit
- Crankit Group Training Instructor
AdministratorMelissa completed her Bachelor in science degree in Conservation and wildlife biology in 2017, however she changed her direction slightly after working as an office manager for nearly 2 years. She love numbers and solving problems and finding solutions. Melissa is currently in the process of completing a Certificate IV in Book keeping.Melissa found her passion for the fitness industry back when she worked as a receptionist for a commercial gym, however she did not like the environment. Then a few years down the track she was introduced to the Box33 community. She loved how Box33 is focused on movement of the whole body and mind.Melissa personally loves helping others in all areas and seeing them succeed. So being a part of the Box33 community has refueled her passion, enabled her to grow personally and also teach people what she knows. She has learnt so much from the team in the time that she has been involved with Box33 and has fallen in love with the little thing that is a kettlebell. She will be completing her kettlebell training soon and continue to develop more skills.
CoachJames is currently studying a Bachelor of Sport Science and AFL at ECU Joondalup specialising in strength & conditioning and performance analysis. Having played at state level football and WAFL himself for five (5) year for Subiaco, it was only a natural progression that James was invited to be a Strength and Conditioning Coach at Subiaco Football Club.James specialises in athletic development and strength & conditioning for sports performance and he is able to plan both pre and off season programs for individuals not only in Football but other sports as well.
Sam has grown up with a passion for health and fitness having been involved in all things sport since an early age. After completing 4 years of university studies in exercise rehabilitation and becoming an accredited exercise physiologist, Sam then pursued a 6 month competency based internship with Box 33 under the direction of director Tim Almond, learning and being coached in the specialised methodology that Box 33 provides to its clients.
Sam loves seeing results in his clients and uses evidence based exercise and lifestyle interventions so that his clients achieve their personal goals. He also has an extensive history of playing competitive football and enjoys surfing in his spare time.
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist (ESSA)
- Post-graduate diploma in exercise rehabilitation (UWA)
- Bachelor of Science degree- majoring in sport science and exercise Health (UWA)
- Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach (ASCA)
- Mental Health First Aid
- First Aid & CPR
- Working with children check