This passion led him to complete 4 years of university studies in Exercise Rehabilitation and he continues reading and applying everything he can get his hands on to this day to help people get strong.
Sam is an exercise physiologist and strength coach. He has an enormous passion for fitness, rehabilitation and optimizing human performance. To him performance means getting the most out of your body whether that’s daily tasks such as lifting your child or out on the field of play. Everything the body does is performance.
Previous to working full time with the Box 33 team, Sam worked as part of an allied health multi-disciplinary team with Physiotherapist’s, Chiropractors and Remedial Massage Therapists. This has helped developed a special talent for helping individuals in the strength and fitness world who may have a history of pain or injuries but still want to get super strong, lose weight and get in shape.
Sam specialises in helping people overcome obstacles and achieve their fitness pain free. He loves helping his clients return to full function by improving strength to keep them injury free and assist them through everyday life. Sam loves working with regular people looking to enjoy their fitness pain free.
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist (ESSA)
- Post-graduate diploma in Exercise Rehabilitation (UWA)
- Bachelor of Science degree- majoring in Sport Science and Exercise Health (UWA)
- StrongFirst SFGI
- StrongFirst SFGII
- StrongFirst SFL
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Level 1
- Selective Function Movement Assessment (SFMA) Level 1 & 2
- Precision Nutrition Level 1
- Ground Force Method Level 1 & 2
- Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach (ASCA)
- Mental Health First Aid
- First Aid & CPR
- Working with children check